Hire An Auto Accident Injury Attorney Who’s Dedicated To Your Rights
What to Do After an Auto Accident
Were you recently involved in an auto accident due to another driver’s negligence? You need to take many steps to ensure that you take proper care of your own physical well-being. However, don’t forget your financial peace of mind. For instance, you need to secure the proper information about the incident and any auto accident injury sustained. This is so an attorney can build a case and fight for your rights in a court of law.
Receive Immediate Medical Attention
What is the most important step that you need to take after an auto accident? You need to receive immediate and proper medical treatment. You may believe that the injuries sustained after an auto accident are minor. Proper medical treatment helps ensure that you have not sustained any internal injuries that you may not be aware of.
Do not wait to receive medical treatment. The more time that passes before you receive medical treatment for your car accident, the more difficult it will be for your auto accident attorney to prove the injuries you sustained were a result of the auto accident.
Therefore, all injuries should receive proper medical diagnosis, treatment and care. If need be, you may also receive chiropractic treatment or physical therapy.
Common Auto Accident injuries
Depending on the severity of your accident, there are common types of injuries often seen in individuals involved in an auto accident:
- Burn Injuries: A burn injury can be a minor common cause of slight irritation to the skin, but such injuries can also prove fatal. For more serious burn injuries, you may need skin grafts to properly heal. That said, know that you may have permanent scarring.
- Back and Neck Injuries: Some of these injuries can include spinal cord damage, herniated discs, whiplash, strains and sprains.
- Brain and Head Injuries: Common injuries often associated with brain and head injuries include skull fractures, concussions, traumatic brain injuries, lacerations that require plastic surgery and internal bleeding.
- Broken Bones: The pain from a broken bone can be extremely traumatic. Depending on the severity and location of the break, the person may need surgery. Broken bones take a long time to heal.
- Spinal Injuries: If your spine sustained an injury in an auto accident, it can cause you to suffer from a loss of movement in specific parts of your body. Depending on the severity of the injury, you may even have a difficult time feeling the lower half of your body.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: If your ligaments, tendons or muscles became torn or stretched out because of an auto accident, you may have permanent damage to these parts of your body, causing significant pain.
Have you or a loved one has suffered from any of the above-listed injuries because of an auto accident? You may be entitled to financial restitution. Connect with a legal professional who understands your rights as a victim of an auto accident.
When to Hire A Car Accident Attorney for Your Auto Accident Injury
Hiring an experienced and competent auto accident attorney is vital if you or a loved one have been injured in an accident. Our team of car accident attorneys can fight for your rights in court. They also fight for the financial compensation that you need and deserve from insurance companies. You deserve to make a full financial and physical recovery from your ordeal.
To better your chances of receiving full compensation, you have to file a claim with the insurance company of the driver who was at fault for the accident, as well as your insurance company. If you are not sure how much compensation you deserve after a car accident, our team of car accident legal professionals can help you estimate the overall cost of repairs to your vehicle and the cost of your medical bills, ongoing treatment and rehabilitation.
Some of the other damages you can file for include:
In your claim against the responsible party, you can include any time that you had to miss. This includes while recovering from your accident injuries. Maybe your injuries impacted your ability to perform your regular job duties. Sometimes you cannot work at all, whether that be on a short- or a long-term basis. Then you can also include “reduced earning capacity” on your filed claim.
You can also include punitive damages when your auto accident lawyer can show that the driver who caused the accident was acting maliciously or recklessly while behind the wheel. The lost wages category of your claim can include any time that you had to miss from work while recovering.
If you anticipate any medical bills that you have to pay in the future, your auto accident legal advocate can help you explain the overall cost and extent of such bills and whether you can include them in your claim.
Work with an Experienced Local Lawyer
Have you or a loved one been recently injured in an auto accident? Sometimes there is no doubting who bears fault for the accident. However, do not take on the other driver and her or his insurance company on your own. Your focus should be on recovering from your accident. Let a lawyer fight the insurance companies for the money you need to get back to your usual standard of living. Remember, insurance companies are in the business of making money, not losing it by accepting blame for substantial claims.
You should avoid missing out on the compensation that you rightfully deserve as a victim. Consult with a dedicated auto accident attorney. We have a team of dedicated and experienced legal advocates who will fight for your rights. Allow them to put their experience with insurance companies and their tactics to good use for you and your case.
Submit a request online or call us today at (866) 345-6784 to get in touch with an experienced lawyer in your area!