Privacy and Security Statement
At RequestLegalHelp.com, it is our goal to constantly improve our services to you and to keep up with rapidly changing technologies. In order to maximize our services to you, we use information collected about you while still taking steps to protect your privacy. Expecting future variations in our service, this policy is subject to change. We will post such changes on this page and notify you as described at the end of this policy.
I. Security Measures Concerning Your Personal Information
While transmission of information over the Internet cannot be guaranteed 100% secure, we make reasonable efforts to provide protection for the information that we collect about you. On our data management site, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology in the transmission of logon identification and passwords. SSL technology provides advanced encryption tools that convert the information you input into code before it is sent to us. The encryption helps protect you and your account information.
In addition to SSL technology:
- Your personal information is password-protected. See “Use of Information Collected” below for our information sharing practices.
- We use advanced firewall technologies to help protect our database from outsiders.
II. Collection of Information
When you submit a request for legal services with RequestLegalHelp.com, we ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, phone number, and location. You also have the option of noting your current legal issue that we use to help match you with the most appropriate legal service provider.
We automatically track certain information including your IP address, what browser you are using, and the URL you just came from. We also collect information about your use of our site in order to optimize our site usability.
We use cookie technology to assist users in navigating through our site more efficiently. Third party affiliates may also set cookies on the site for the purpose of tracking leads. A cookie is a small text file that resides on your hard drive. At various points on our site, our system will request the cookie from your browser so that we can retrieve the stored information. Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted at the end of a session. You must set your browser to accept cookies to be able to use our site.
III. Use of Collected Information
The primary reason that RequestLegalHelp collects information from its users is to match the right attorneys and professional services providers with the people and businesses that need them. We use your information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, statistically analyze site usage, and improve our site’s content, offering, and layout. Your IP address may be used to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Web site, and for security needs.
RequestLegalHelp.com does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others except in the following circumstances:
- we have your permission
- we may provide aggregate, anonymized statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to third-party vendors
- we may share your information with special business partners or special joint ventures that integrate our Web sites and services, subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations
- we transfer information in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation or other transfer of our site or underlying business
We may use the information we collect to notify you about the status of your RequestLegalHelp account, important functionality changes to our Web site, new RequestLegalHelp.com services, and special offers we think you’ll find valuable. We may also contact you to verify your information or ask you about your experiences with our system.
Except for communications that relate directly to the service being provided, you may “opt out” of receiving communications from us. If you are seeking an attorney, required communications include (1) confirmation of your request, (2) notification from a single legal professional who will contact you (3) Users may also opt out of receiving non-required communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the e-mail.
When it is necessary to contact you, we use your e-mail address and, in some situations your mailing address, phone or fax number.
In order to achieve the benefits of the RequestLegalHelp service, we may share your personal information as follows: Service related disclosure: This Web site is designed to disclose certain limited information to connect attorneys with people who need them. You have full control over the information you choose to submit.
When you post a description of your legal matter, that information may be reviewed by those matched for offering legal help, RequestLegalHelp members or potential members and RequestLegalHelp staff.
Information regarding whether an attorney-client relationship was formed will be used only for our internal records and statistics and not disclosed to other parties, unless we are required to do so by law.
IV. Legal Related Disclosure
RequestLegalHelp.com may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with law
- enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or
- protect the rights, property or safety of RequestLegalHelp.com, our users, or others.
V. Consent and Changes to This Policy
Additional Provisions – California Residents Only:
RequestLegalHelp.com complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) to the extent applicable. Under the CCPA, California residents have various rights:
- the right to request disclosure of personal data that is being collected
- the right to access personal information that we have collected
- the right to seek deletion of data that has been collected
- the right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights
You have the right to request that RequestLegalHelp.com disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and are able to confirm your identity, we will disclose to you:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you
- the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- our business purpose for collecting that personal information
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- the specific personal information that we collected about you
- if we sold or disclosed that personal information, identifying the personal
- information categories that were sold or disclosed.
To exercise your rights under CCPA, please submit a verifiable consumer request online via this page . You may make a verifiable consumer request twice within a 12 month period. The request must: (a) contain sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person (or an authorized representative of such person) about whom we collected personal information and (b) describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it. You have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time (“opt out”). You do not need to create an account in order to exercise an opt out. We will only use personal information provided in an opt out request to review and comply with that request.